The 99% Spring is Coming

As you know, our movement in Minnesota hasn’t taken a break. Throughout the past year, you’ve joined with us in truly making a difference as we hold corporations and politicians accountable for the current state of our economy. Together, we’ve made a tremendous impact through the summer, fall and winter.

Now, this spring, we’re gearing up to up the ante.

Groups from every corner of our movement — inspired by the everyday heroes of Occupy Wall Street and Madison — are planning a massive campaign of bold nonviolent direct actions to make the voices of the 99% impossible to ignore. In Minnesota, Minnesotans for a Fair Economy will be joining with this nationwide campaign.

The key is making this 99% Spring as big as possible. That’s why during the week of April 9-15, in small towns and big cities all across America, 100,000 people will come together for an unprecedented national movement-wide nonviolent direct action training. We’ll learn to tell the story of our economy and what went wrong, we’ll learn the history of nonviolent direct action, and we’ll learn how we can take action and create great change in this country.

Join us on Saturday, April 14 for a TakeAction Minnesota-led training at the Carpenter’s Hall in St. Paul. Click here for more information and to RSVP.

Once we’re trained, we’ll get right to work. Here are just a few of the events planned during Minnesota’s 99% Spring:

April 17: Tax Day — Rally at U.S. Bank Shareholders Meeting, March to Tell Wall Street to Pay Their Fair Share

April 24: Tell Wells Fargo to Pay Their Fair Share

May 7–11: 99% Week of Action

Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks about each of these events.

You’ve been with us every step of the way. Thank you for being a part of this movement. But, our work has just begun. The coming months will be critical as we continue to raise awareness and take action to build a Minnesota that works for all of us.

Minnesota’s 99% Spring is our chance to maintain and broaden that transformative energy — and learn how we can take action to challenge corporate power, end tax giveaways to the 1%, fight the influence of money in politics, and create an economy that works for all of us.

Comments are closed.